| Madeleine McCann |
|Born||Madeleine Beth McCann|
Leicester, United Kingdom
|Parents||Gerry McCann Kate McCann (née Healy)|
"The most heavily reported missing person case in modern history"
Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of Thursday, 3 May 2007. She was on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Algarve region of Portugal. The British girl went missing from an apartment, in the central area of the resort of Praia da Luz, a few days before her fourth birthday and has not been found.
Kate and Gerry McCann
Madeleine's parents are both physicians and practising Roman Catholics. Kate McCann, née Healy (born 1968, Huyton, near Liverpool) attended All Saints School in Anfield, then Notre Dame High School, Everton Valley, graduating in 1992 with a degree in medicine from Dundee University. She moved briefly into obstetrics and gynaecology, then anaesthesiology, and finally general practice.
Gerry McCann (born 1968 in Glasgow) attended Holyrood R.C. Secondary School. He obtained a BSc in physiology/sports science from the University of Glasgow in 1989, qualifying in medicine in 1992. In 2002 he obtained his MD, a research degree, also from Glasgow. Since 2005 he has been a consultant cardiologist at Glenfield Hospital, Leicester.
The McCanns met in 1993 in Glasgow and were married in 1998. Madeleine was born in 2003 and the twins, a boy and girl, two years later.
Villa in Praia da Luz
It is hard to know what to make of Freud owning a holiday villa close to where Madeleine McCann disappeared. Clement was apparently not in Portugal at the time. When you add in the fact that the McCanns’ sleazy 'spokesman', Clarence Mitchell, works for Freud’s son Matthew, the coincidences do add up. I am not jumping to any conclusions at present. But I found the following fascinating:
- "Clement Freud assured Kate McCann she had nothing to fear from the cadaver dogs giving a positive response inside the McCann’s hire car, hired after Madeleine 'disappeared'. They had no evidential value. 'So what are they going to do? One bark for yes, two barks for no?' asked Freud."
Rector of Dundee University
Murray also made a Freud connection with Kate McCann's alma mater Dundee University:
"I was a young First Year Rep on Dundee University Students Association Council while Clement Freud was Rector (1974-80). One day the then President of the Students Association, Ian Morris, came out of his office in a terrible mood after a phone call from Freud, saying that Freud had asked him to line up female students for him and was trying to use him as “a pimp”. This was not paedophilia but it was unpleasant – Freud was 35 years older than the students he was targeting."
- "Master of media circus for Madeleine McCann" Clarence Mitchell is not backward about coming forward for Gerry and Kate McCann
- McCann 2011, 7–10, 18–19.
- "Dr Gerry McCann", University of Leicester.
- "McCann spokesman takes on Freud role"
- "How Clement Freud invited Kate and Gerry McCann for lunch after Madeleine disappeared"
- "Clement Freud, My Part in his Downfall"