Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Emer Cooke |
(lobbyist, health bureaucrat)
|Born||9 April 1961|
|Alma mater||Trinity College (Dublin)|
|Employer||European Medicines Agency|
Pharma lobbyist who was appointed Director of the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
Emer Cooke is an Irish pharmacist and Executive Director of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) since November 2020 - she joined the agency in 2002.
From 1992 to 1995 and from 1996 to 1998 she worked for the lobbying organisation European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)  as Manager of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs.
Cooke's appointment was criticized in a session of the Austrian Parliament on 1 April 2021 when member of parliament Gerald Hauser claimed a potential conflict of interest between her allowing the vaccine in her regulatory function, while having worked for the very same industry as a lobbyist in the past.
- ↑ http://archive.today/2022.11.30-195828/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emer_Cooke
- ↑ https://lobbypedia.de/wiki/European_Federation_of_Pharmaceutical_Industries_and_Associations
- ↑ https://www.epochtimes.de/politik/ausland/ema-praesidentin-emer-cooke-war-jahrelang-lobbyistin-der-groessten-europaeischen-pharmaorganisation-a3486580.html
- ↑ https://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de/510959/EU-Direktorin-fuer-Impfstoff-Zulassung-war-Pharma-Lobbyistin-unter-anderem-fuer-AstraZeneca
- ↑ https://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OTS_20210401_OTS0032/fpoe-hauser-ema-direktorin-hat-ihr-ganzes-arbeitsleben-mit-lobbying-fuer-die-pharmaindustrie-verbracht
- ↑ Gerald Hauser zeigt Brisantes über die Impfstoffzulassung auf!