Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology
| Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology |
Beijing University of Chemical Technology, abbreviated as BUCT, colloquially known in Chinese as Beihua or Huada, is a technological university in mainland China. BUCT was founded in 1958 and is affiliated with the Ministry of Education. As a member university of the Project 211, BUCT has developed from an institution of scientific specialties to a more comprehensive university, with a curriculum including liberal arts. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines.
The university, covering an area of 64.4 hectares, is composed of three campuses:
- East campus (headquarters): located on the eastern section of the North Third Ring Road, southeast of the Asian Games Village.
- West campus: On the central section of the West Third Ring Road.
- North campus: locates in Changping, near Lake Shisanling. Most of the North campus had been sold to China University of Petroleum while the remaining will be the dormitory for the staff, since the new North campus, a.k.a. Nankou campus, is a little bit more far from the East campus and requires additional dorm for staff.
- Nankou campus: locates in Changping, about 5 km from the Changping Xishankou station of Beijing Subway Changping line. Near the Institute of Nuclear Energy Technology, Tsinghua University.
Currently, the undergraduates in BUCT spend their first 3 years in the Nankou campus and then transferred to the East section for the fourth year of the study. Some of the postgraduates in BUCT spend their first year in the north campus, too.
The east campus is designated for all postgraduate students.
An Alumnus on Wikispooks
|Zhou Xiaochuan||29 January 1948||China||Banker||11th governor of the Peoples Bank of China|
- http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A22/moe_843/201709/t20170921_314942.html (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)}}