| Kevin Mugur Galalae |
(whistleblower, activist, author, journalist, historian)
|Born||23 November 1965|
|Exposed||Surveillance and censorship program|
• Surveillance State|
Kevin Galalae worked as a writer and consultant in the fields of education, art and NGOs. His life changed when in 2009, studying at a UK university he discovered evidence of a government sponsored covert surveillance and censorship program which he published on the internet. He has frequently employed the tactic of the hunger strike, with mixed results.
Kevin Galalae is a naturalized Canadian born in Romania. Galalae successfully employed a hunger strike to encourage the Canadian government to regularise his status. While studying in the UK he stumbled across the government's Surveillance and censorship program, and determined to publicise it, gaining him notoriety and (arguably) tacit support from academia possibly preventing the programme's Europe-wide expansion as the Stockholm Programme. Galalae subsequently challenged the ideological overtones of CONTEST, a UK Government "counter-radicalization" measure.
His efforts to compel the Council of Europe to condemn SAC and force UK to compensate all students wronged by the spy program remained unheeded despite a 30-day hunger strike and the legal case he brought against the UK in 2011 at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). His mental health has been questioned by the Canadian government and in February 2012 he fled Canada for the United States, from where he continues his activism and is petitioning governments for political asylum. He
Galalae was born in Constanta, Romania, son of Dr. Costel Galalae, a physician and political dissident who was convicted to five years in prison for challenging Caucescu's government. His mother, Georgeta-Maria Galalae (née Vişan), is a retired school teacher. Costel and Maria have four children and Kevin is their third.
In 1981, Galalae, his twin sister (Irina), his mother, and his older brother (Razvan) traveled to France, from where they sought political asylum in Germany, settling in Hamburg. Galalae’s younger brother (Daniel) and his father were held back by the communist government for 2 and 6 years respectively before they could be reunited with the family in Germany.
Kevin Galalae immigrated to Canada in 1985, aged 19, became a naturalized Canadian in 1991, and received a scholarship from St. Jerome’s High School in Kitchener, Ontario, where he graduated with the distinction Ontario Scholar in 1986. In the summer of 1987, Galalae engaged in a hunger strike for seven days in Victoria, to encourage the Canadian government to process his application for landed immigrant status so he could begin his university studies and not have to pay triple tuition fees as a foreign student.
He received a Bachelor of Arts in art history and German studies from the University of Victoria in British Columbia in 1991 and fulfilled all course requirements for a Master of Arts in architectural history at McGill University in 1992. Funding for his research in Italy was withdrawn due to government cuts in higher education and in protest Galalae refused to hand in his thesis on Venetian 15th century architecture. In the summer of 1989, Galalae studied art and architectural history in Venice on a scholarship awarded by Queen’s University.
Exposure of covert Surveillance and censorship program
- Full article: Surveillance and censorship program
- Full article: Surveillance and censorship program
While studying political science at Oxford and Leicester universities, Galalae found the academic environment in the UK unsettling. He describes it as being "covertly controlled". His experience at Oxford led him to create "Freedom in Education", a fledgling organization concerned with safeguarding freedom of expression and thought in education and with the de-politicization of intellectual discourse. He has so far unsuccessfully tried to establish an admission by the UK authorities of the surveillance and censorship program which he claims was in force in UK.
European Court of Human Rights
On the 1st of March, 2011, Galalae flew to Strasbourg, France, and presented his pleading to the European Court of Human Rights in person. The case file was designated as application No. 13386/11.
|Kevin Galalae in Strasbourg on day 21 of his hunger strike|
On Monday 11 April 2011 Kevin began a 30 day hunger strike in front of the Council of Europe administrative Building in Strasbourg, in an unsuccessful bid to secure a declaration from the Commissioner for Human Rights, Mr T Hammarberg, that the operation of the SAC system in universities is contrary to the European declaration of Human rights .
- Day 8: File:Kevin Galalae's hunger strike appeal letter.pdf - Open letter hand delivered to Mr T. Hammarberg.
- Day 15: File:Message from the man outside after 14 days of hunger strike.pdf - Kevin's second open letter to Commissioner Hammarberg . The link contains a brief extract from the letter which constitutes a good introduction to SAC.
- Day 22: File:Educating the educated.pdf Another message from the Man Outside - Kevin's third open letter to Commissioner Hammarberg.
- Day 29: More files from Kevin on day 29 of his hunger strike. They are the fruits of long hours of contemplating the actions and behaviour of the 'Authorities' that finally prompted him to embark on the hunger strike in Strasbourg
- Day 30: Kevin abandoned his hunger strike 
The Canadian authorities have attempted to justify their forceful treatment of Kevin Galalae with claims that he is not of sound mind. Galalae engaged medical practitioners to provide independent evidence. He has produced the following reports tend to suggest that the state's allegations are baseless:
- File:Bruce Cook forensic report 2011 06 14.pdf - Privately commissioned psychiatric report on Kevin Galalae by Dr Bruce Cook.
- File:Dr Beharry Report 2011-06-24.pdf - Privately commissioned psychiatric report on Kevin Galalae by Dr Beharry.
- File:Letter from Psychotherapist Jan Dallugge.pdf - Letter from psychotherapist Jan Dallügge dated 19 October 2011
- File:Dr McIlquham Letter 2011-10-26.pdf - letter from Dr Ross McIlquham of Kingston Ontario dated 25 October 2011
- File:Bruce Cook Progress Report 2011-10-18.pdf - Update on Dr Cook's June 2011 report linked above.
Flight From Canada
Kevin Galalae has been subjected to a media blackout by the commercially-controlled media. He has published many open letters to world leaders about his ideas, and is a frequent contributor to independent online media such as The Real Agenda, The Sleuth Journal, the European Journalism Centre, Stop Secrets and Education is Our Addiction. In 2013, a proposal was made to publish a page about him on Wikipedia, but is was declined in part due to lacking a "range of independent, reliable, published sources".
2014 Hunger Strike
Galalae has published six books to date: Water, Salt, Milk: Killing Our Unborn Children (re-released in 2013 under a new title, Chemical and Biological Depopulation); Killing Us Softly: Causes and Consequences of the Global Depopulation Policy; Hunger Strike: Defending Freedom of Speech, Thought and Conscience in Education; OM Principles: Recipe for a Better World; Activist Global Media Directory; Letters to Leaders: Plea to Stop Murderous Depopulation Measures.
Published files and articles
- File:The Kingston Hillbillies.pdf - An overview of the people and institutions behind the hounding of Kevin Galalae
- File:THE PEOPLE'S PROTECTION COURT.pdf - A new intiative from Kevin Galalae
- Document:Kevin Galalae - Post Hunger-strike synopsis - A synopsis of post-hunger-strike events by Friends of Kevin Galalae dated 30 November 2011
- File:Synopsis of Galalae case.pdf - A brief synopsis of the entire Kevin Galalae case.
- File:Response to David Sinnett.pdf - Kevin's respose to his criminal case lawyer's claim that he acted in Kevin's best interests. - 23 October 2011
- File:CSIS Response 2011-09-22.pdf - Canadian SIS response to Kevin Galalae's request for access to the information held on him 22 September 2011
- File:Doctors for Sale.pdf - How Canada Uses Psychiatry for Political Purposes. 5 September 2011
- File:THE MAN INSIDE. INCIPIENT TOTALITARIANISM IN THE WESTERN WORLD.pdf - Summary of Kevin Galalae's experiences related to his human rights activism as at 11 August 2011
- File:KG-STATEMENT.pdf - Kevin Galalae Statement dated 12 July 2011 re:political asylum.
- File:KG-Form 42 May-15-2011.pdf - Form 42 photo-copy (Statutory basis for a psychiatric assessment.
- File:KG-Recognizance of Bail Surety Document 2011-05-24 OCR.pdf - Kevin Galalae's recognizance of bail document
- File:KG-Dieu Hospital Report.pdf - Hotel Dieu Hospital Report on Kevin Galalae. Note: this report is flatly contradicted by two of the reports commissioned by Kevin Galalae as an insurance against what he had good grounds for suspecting at the time would be contained in this one if it were ever released.
|Kevin Galalae - Post Hunger-strike synopsis||account||30 November 2011||Unknown|
- http://theoslotimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4134%3Aactivist-flees-canada-in-terror&catid=173%3Atot-case-files&Itemid=723 Accessed: 2012-06-04