File:Israeli Founding Myths.pdf
Israeli_Founding_Myths.pdf (file size: 916 KB, MIME type: image/vnd.wap.wbmp)
Warning: This file type can contain malicious code. Uploads to Wikispooks are virus-checked but you are nonetheless advised to exercise caution in handling this type of file.
★ Start a Discussion about this document
The Founding Myths of Israeli Politics
Table of Contents
Part I: Theological Myths
- The Myth of the "Promise": Promised Land or Conquered Land?
- In Contemporary Christian Exegesis
- In the Prophetic Jewish Exegesis
- The Myth of the "Chosen People"
- The Myth of Joshua: Ethnic Purification
Part II: The Myths of the 20th Century
- The Myth of Zionist anti-Fascism
- The Myth of the Justice of Nuremberg
- The Myth of the Holocaust
- The Myth of "A Land Without a People for a People Without a Land"
Part III: The Political Use of the Myth
- The Israeli-Zionist Lobby in the United States
- The Israeli-Zionist Lobby in France
- The Myth of the Israeli Miracle: The External Financing of Israel
- Letter from Abbe Pierre to Roger Garaudy, 15 April, 1996
- Letter from Pastor Roger Parmentier to Roger Garaudy, 11 May, 1996
- The Cry of a Deportee
- by Gaston Pernot, Doctor of Law, Commander of the Legion of Honor, Paris
- ("Le Figaro," Friday, May 3, 1996)
- Indignation of an Israeli Writer
- by Ari Shavit/Haaretz/New York Times Syndication
- (Translated from Hebrew in "Liberation" of May 21, 1996.)
- Right to Reply—A Pamphlet in Response to Attacks
From the introduction:
Through a literal and selective reading of a Revealed Word, it (ie Zionism) makes religion into a political tool and in so doing, hallows it. This heresy is a fatal disease at this end of the century, one that I already defined in "Integrismes."
I fought Islamic fundamentalism in "The Greatness and decadence of Islam" at the risk of displeasing those who did not like me to say it.
I fought Christian fundamentalism in "Towards a war of religion" at the risk of displeasing those who don't like me to say: "The Christ of Paul is not Jesus."
I am fighting today Jewish fundamentalism in "The Founding Myths of Israeli Politics" at the risk of attracting the thunder of those Israeli-Zionists who did not like Rabbi Hirsch's reminder:
"Zionism wants to define the Jewish people as a national entity ... which is a heresy."
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:46, 27 May 2013||(916 KB)||Maintenance script||Category:Judaism|
- You cannot overwrite this file.