28 April 1954|
Wayne Madsen (born April 28, 1954) is an American online investigative journalist, author and columnist specializing in intelligence and international affairs. He is the author of the blog Wayne Madsen Report.
Background and early life
Madsen was born in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania on April 28, 1954 to an American mother and a Danish mariner. His grandmother, who emigrated to the U.S. with his father after World War II was Victoria Madsen, a Danish communist party official. In the 1950s Victoria Madsen was deported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Madsen attended the University of Mississippi where he joined the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps.
Upon graduation from University of Mississippi, he joined the U.S. Navy. He was commissioned an ensign.
In early 1982 he was stationed at the classified Naval Sound Surveillance System (SOSUS) station at Coos Head, which had an allowance of twelve officers, ninety-five enlisted and 15 civilians. He was later given a bad fitness report by his executive officer, Lt. Cmdr. Marney Finch who transferred him to Washington D.C. later that year.
In 1984, Madsen reports that he was loaned to the National Security Agency by the Navy. He resigned from the Navy in 1985 as a lieutenant, having been passed over for promotion. Madsen described himself as the "most senior lieutenant in the Navy".
Between 1985 and 1989 Madsen held a series of jobs, first working for RCA as a government consultant on contracts for the National Security Agency (NSA). Later he worked for the Navy's Naval Data Automation Command as a civilian employee. After this Madsen briefly established his own consulting firm, then worked for the National Bureau of Standards, and later for the State Department. In 1990 Madsen joined Computer Sciences Corporation, working there from 1990 until 1997, when he joined the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) as a senior fellow. In 1998, while at EPIC, Madsen was described by journalist Jason Vest in the Village Voice as one of the world's leading SIGINT and computer security experts, In late January 2005 Madsen left EPIC. While at EPIC he appeared as a guest on 60 Minutes, ABC Nightline,Voice of America, National Public Radio., and Marketplace,
Blogging and journalism career
He has been described as an "odd individual" devoted to writing in an area that "teeters on a slippery slope, at the foot of which is the whole repository of Internet-perpetuated conspiracy theories" which leads to much of his writing being treated with skepticism. In 2005 Madsen began working as a free-lance journalist. He produces a blog called the Wayne Madsen Report. His articles have appeared in publications such as CorpWatch, CounterPunch, CovertAction Quarterly, In These Times, Multinational Monitor, The American Conservative, The Progressive and The Village Voice. His columns have appeared in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Columbus Dispatch, Houston Chronicle, Philadelphia Inquirer, Miami Herald and the Sacramento Bee. He appeared on WETA-TV's "White House Chronicle" in January 2012. He is a frequent contributor to the Alex Jones show. He has appeared as a guest on Al Jazeera, Russia Today, Press TV, and CNBC,.
- Full article: 9-11
- Full article: 9-11
In 2003 he said that he had uncovered information in a classified congressional report that he claimed contained information linking the September 11 attacks to the government of Saudi Arabia and the Bush administration through financial transactions with the hijackers. The Saudi Foreign Minister demanded the report be declassified so it could respond, however, the Bush administration refused, claiming that to do so would compromise intelligence sources and methods.
Madsen wrote in The Palestine Telegraph that hundreds of Iraqi scientists who had been assassinated or died in accidents after the invasion in 2003 were actually murdered by Mossad hit teams operating in Iraq.
He has stated that members of AIPAC and Israel's Mossad dominate CNN's management and urges his readers to boycott CNN and its advertisers until they are fired. He has begun a project to oppose Israel as a threat to world peace. Madsen has stated in an interview that "the Israeli lobby owns the Congress, media, Hollywood, Wall Street, both political parties and the White House".
On April 25, 2009, Madsen said that unidentified journalists from Mexico and Indonesia had spoken to some unidentified UN World Health Organization officials and scientists believed the 2009 new H1N1 strain of swine flu virus appeared to be the product of U.S. military sponsored gene splicing, as opposed to natural processes.
US Foreign Policy
- Full article: US/Foreign Policy
- Full article: US/Foreign Policy
On May 17, 2005, Madsen announced that America was secretly running the civil war in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) before a Subcommittee on International Operations and Human Rights hearing on the situation in the DRC. According to the news magazine New African, Madsen's testimony "was so revealing that the mainstream Western media...have refused to print it." In October 2005, he wrote that "an unidentified former CIA agent" claimed that the USS Cole was actually hit by a Popeye cruise missile launched from an Israeli Dolphin-class submarine.
In 2010, Madsen reported in the Pakistan Daily that unnamed sources suggested that the company formerly known as Blackwater, had been conducting false flag operations in Pakistan that were blamed on the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan.
Documents by Wayne Madsen
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Brussels Attack: Another Chapter in NATO's Gladio Strategy?||article||27 March 2016||2016 Brussels Bombing|
|Analysis of the 2016 Brussels Bombing from an experienced terror-sceptic.|
|Document:Orwell's 1984 - Irregular warfare against Eurasia||article||23 June 2014||The Great Game|
2014 Ukraine coup
|From Halford Mackinders Heartland Theory to 21st century Colour revolutions, Orwell's dystopian 1984 vision is being realised.|
|Document:Phone Wrecks: The Secret Agenda of Ashton and Nuland||article||7 March 2014||2014 Ukraine coup||It has become a predictable and all-to-familiar feature of US sponsored regime-change operations that mysterious snipers turn out to kill both government forces and opposition protesters before disappearing.|
|Document:The Massive PSYOP Employed against Ukraine by GCHQ and NSA||article||28 February 2014||US/Sponsored Regime-change efforts since 1945|
Ukraine coup 2014
|The rapidly developing internet and electroic communications-based PSYOPS capabilities of US-UK intelligence agencies and their targeted use against the government of the Ukraine|
|Document:US Nuclear Weapons Unaccountable||webpage||23 September 2011||US/Nuclear weapons|
|Document:Israeli co-option of Europe's far-right political parties||webpage||6 August 2011||2011 Norway attacks|
A Quote by Wayne Madsen
|Claire Sterling||“The Judith Miller-like journalist in those days who spun the story about Agca's Soviet Bloc connections was Claire Sterling, whose disinformation was quickly picked up by The Reader's Digest, New York Times, NBC News, and other mainstream media outlets.”||28 May 2007||Rense|
- The Manufacturing of a President (Lulu 2012) ISBN 9781300011385
- Jaded Tasks—Brass Plates, Black Ops & Big Oil: The Blood Politics of Bush & Co. (TrineDay, 2006) ISBN 0-9752906-9-X
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). (with co-author John Stanton)
- Forbidden Truth: U.S.-Taliban Secret Oil Diplomacy, Saudi Arabia and the Failed Search for bin Laden co-authored with Jean-Charles Brisard and Guillaume Dasquie (Nation Books, 2002) ISBN 1-56025-414-9
- Genocide and Covert Operations in Africa 1993–1999 (African Studies) (Edwin Mellen Press, 1999) ISBN 0-7734-8002-1
- Handbook of Personal Data Protection (New York: Macmillan Publishers Ltd, 1992) (reference book on international data protection law) ISBN 1-56159-046-0
- US releases 'bin Laden video tapes' Al Jazeera May 8, 2011
- Tavis Smiley Interview: Greg Rollins with the Christian Peacemaker Team, Dana Dillon with The Heritage Foundation and journalist Wayne Madsen discuss the investigation of the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal National Public Radio August 24, 2004 HighBeam Research accessed May 30, 2012
- Farooq Hameed Khan Balochistan: The great game The Nation (Karachi, Pakistan) October 11, 2010 HighBeam Research accessed May 30, 2012
- Featured Guests Taylor Report CIUT-FM
- Alcuin Papa Blackwater training mercenaries in Subic Philippine Daily Inquirer August 30, 2009
- Wayne Madsen Report
- Wayne Madsen (2006). Jaded Tasks. Trine Day. p. xii. ISBN 9780975290699.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Wayne Madsen Counterpunch "In Denmark, where my grandmother Victoria Madsen, an official of the Danish Communist Party and newspaper "
- Wayne Madsen Jaded Tasks, page ix
- Wayne Madsen Jaded Tasks, page xiv–xv
- Wayne Madsen Jaded Tasks, page xv
- At his first posting in Newport, Ensign Madsen was introduced to the "oldest lieutenant in the Navy". This lieutenant had presented himself for an interview with the controversial Admiral Hyman G. Rickover who told him "You have 15 seconds to piss me off" to which he replied by picking up a model submarine from the admiral's desk and smashing it. This lieutenant didn't get the position he was applying for, never attained further promotion and ended his career as the most senior lieutenant in the U.S. Navy. Madsen says that, when he himself resigned in 1985, he had the same status as the lieutenant he had met in Newport.
- Vest, Jason (August 18, 1998). "Listening In". The Village Voice. Retrieved July 7, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- ABC News Nightline, Chris Bury reporting, July 11, 2001
- Focus, Aida Akl reporting, June 17, 2005
- Tavis Smiley Show, NPR, August 24, 2004
- Kim Masters reporting, April 8, 2003
- Keefe, Patrick (2006). Chatter: Uncovering the Echelon Surveillance Network and the Secret World of Global Eavesdropping. Chapter 7: Muckrakers and Whistleblowers: Random House. ISBN 9781588365330.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The Washington Review: A Journal of Turkish and Eurasian Affairs
- Emily Yahr TV Highlights The Washington Post January 21, 2012 HighBeam Research July 5, 2012
- http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/01/nsa-nutjob-anatomy-of-a-fake-observer-story.html Daily Beast
- Kudlow & Co., May 23, 2007
- "Saudis want classified US intelligence documents released", Australian Broadcasting Corporation, July 30, 2003
- "Wayne Madsen : The Israeli Lobby Owns the Congress, Hollywood and the Whitehouse [sic]", Veteran's Today, December 6, 2010
- Wayne Madsen "Israel's Mossad Bomb Russian Plane To Kill Scientists?", The Palestine Telegraph, July 1, 2011
- The "American street" speaks: Will the Democratic Party listen?, Salon]], September 29, 2005
- Wayne Madsen Report
- http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/12/06/wayne-madsen-the-israeli-lobby-owns-the-congress-hollywood-and-the-whitehouse/ Veterans Today
- Is There an Israeli Angle to Spitzer Ouster?, Arab News, March 16, 2008
- Madsen, Wayne (April 27, 2009). "New swine flu feared to be weaponized strain" (reprint). Online Journal.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> Reprint from: "New swine flu feared to be weaponized strain" (fee required). WayneMadenReport.com. April 25, 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Template:Cite video
- Duncan Campbell "American navy 'helped Venezuelan coup'", The Guardian, April 29, 2002
- How America ran, and still runs, the Congo war New African September 1, 2001 HighBeam Research accessed July 2, 2012
- Clearing the Baffles for 911 By Wayne Madsen – October 3, 2005
- "Blackwater/Xe cells conducting false flag terrorist attacks in Pakistan". September 16, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-20.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>