| Thales Group |
|Formation||6 December 20000|
|Parent organization||Thales Group|
|Headquarters||La Défense, France|
|Subgroups||• Thales Communications|
• Thales Air Defence
• Thales Underwater Systems
• Thales Nederland
• Thales Australia
• Thales Training & Simulation
• Thales Alenia Space
• Thales Optronics
• Thales Rail Signalling Solutions
• Thales Information System Belgium
• Thales UK
|Member of||Atlantic Council/Corporate Members|
|Large French weapons manufacturer|
The Thales Group in 2015, was the 11th largest weapons manufacturer worldwide, and a leading developer of drones.
The group Thomson-CSF was founded in 1968. In 1982 François Mitterrand nationalized it and merged it with Thomson-Brandt. In December 2000, this was renamed the Thales Group.
- Full article: Thales/CEO
- Full article: Thales/CEO
At least two Thales CEOs have visited the Bilderberg.
Thales is said to be the only French defence group to permanently get mentioned in judicial affairs.
Centralized slush fund
Michel Josserand, former head of THEC, a subsidiary of Thales, and Dominique Monleau, stated that Thales has a centralized slush fund that it uses to bribe officials.
Schabir Shaik, the financial advisor to the president of the African National Congress party Jacob Zuma, was found guilty of organising a bribe on behalf of Thales.
In 2004 the World Bank’s Integrity Unit blacklisted Thales from any of the World Bank’s projects for one year because of its fraudulent practices in a US$6.9 million contract for the supply and maintenance of motorcycles in Cambodia.
Around 1991-1993, French state owned Elf Aquitaine was involved (with other companies & countries) in selling frigates to Taiwan. On June 10, 2011 Thales Group and the French Government was ordered to pay 630 million euros (almost a billion US dollars) in fines after the courts heard that bribes had been paid to the Taiwanese government to win this large naval contract. Part (about 27%) of the responsibility was transferred to Thales Group because due to a series of takeovers, it held the legacy from Elf Aquitaine. To this day, this is the largest corruption case in French history. 
- ↑ https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/sixty-percent-global-drone-exports-come-israel-new-data
- ↑ https://www.bakchich.info/international/2006/10/26/thales-49849
- ↑ http://iledere.parti-socialiste.fr/2008/06/06/thales-a-la-barre-du-tribunal/
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4408020.stm
- ↑ http://go.worldbank.org/3P4YGLWC10 Cambodia: World Bank Sanctions Thales Engineering and Consulting S.A. and Others in Demobilization Project
- ↑ http://www.defenseprocurementnews.com/2011/06/10/thales-and-french-government-to-share-in-fine-for-taiwanese-bribes/