| Pietro Quaroni |
|Born||3 October 1898|
|Died||11 June 1971 (Age 72)|
One of a dozen men whom Józef Retinger consulted when setting up the Bilderberg group
Pietro Quaroni was one of a dozen men whom Józef Retinger consulted when setting up the Bilderberg group.
In 1958, Pietro Quaroni responded to a paper by Rudolf Mueller on the Weaknesses of Western Society from December 1957, which was also a talking point at the Meeting of the Steering Committee in London on January 10-12, 1958.
“We are going through a bad stage in the cold war — all wars have their bad stages. But in all wars when one is going through a bad stage one should concentrate first and foremost on the core of the problem; and the core for us is what is left of Western Europe.
In a war which has a good chance of remaining cold, the internal front is the most important. If the internal condition of our Society is as Dr. Mueller describes it — and I think he is right — it is very difficult to hold out if we cannot manage to cure the sickness at the root.
Having got so far, have we the duty or the power, as a group, to do something to compel our governments, let us say, to get on the path to fundamental reforms, the kind of reforms which could give back to our countries their internal dynamism? For my part, I think it should be done and I would like to do it.
But we must take into account that if we set ourselves on this road, our group cannot avoid getting involved in internal politics, which up to now we have avoided doing.”
Pietro Quaroni (1958) 
A Document by Pietro Quaroni
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|File:Pietro Quaroni's Comments on Rudolf Mueller's Paper.pdf||paper||January 1958||Bilderberg||Response to "The Weakness of Western Society" by Pietro Quaroni.|
Events Participated in
|Bilderberg/1955 March||18 March 1955||20 March 1955||France|
|The second Bilderberg meeting, held in France. Just 42 guests, fewer than any other.|
|Bilderberg/1955 September||23 September 1955||25 September 1955||Germany|
|The third Bilderberg, in West Germany. The subject of a report by Der Spiegel which inspired a heavy blackout of subsequent meetings.|
|Bilderberg/1956||11 May 1956||13 May 1956||Denmark|
|The 4th Bilderberg meeting, with 147 guests, in contrast to the generally smaller meetings of the 1950s. Has two Bilderberg meetings in the years before and after|
|Bilderberg/1957 October||4 October 1957||6 October 1957||Italy|
|The 6th Bilderberg meeting, the latest ever in the year and the first one in Italy.|
|Bilderberg/1958||13 September 1958||15 September 1958||Buxton|
|The 7th Bilderberg and the first one in the UK. 72 guests|
|Bilderberg/1959||18 September 1959||20 September 1959||Turkey|
|The 8th Bilderberg and the first in Turkey. 60 guests.|
|Bilderberg/1960||28 May 1960||29 May 1960||Switzerland|
|The 9th such meeting and the first one in Switzerland. 61 participants + 4 "in attendance". The meeting report contains a press statement, 4 sentences long.|
|Bilderberg/1962||18 May 1962||20 May 1962||Sweden|
|The 11th Bilderberg meeting and the first one in Sweden.|
|Bilderberg/1963||29 March 1963||31 March 1963||France|
|The 12th Bilderberg meeting and the second one in France.|
- ↑ The Bilderberg Group, August 1956, Józef Retinger
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/2019/04/08/the-weakness-of-western-society-by-rudolf-mueller-bilderberg-4-6-october-1957-fiuggi-italy/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Weakness-Western-Society.Mueller.Bilderberg.1957.pdf saved at Archive.org
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/2019/04/07/bilderberg-steering-committee-meeting-london-january-10-12-1958/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Bilderberg-Steering-Committee-Agenda-1958.pdf saved at Archive.org
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/2019/04/11/pietro-quaronis-comments-on-rudolf-muellers-paper-bilderberg-1957/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Quaroni-on-Muellers.paper_.Bilderberg.1958.pdf saved at Archive.org
- ↑ A few observations on Dr. Mueller’s paper: “Weaknesses of Western Society” by P. QUARONI