| Paul Mason |
(Journalist, broadcaster, Propagandist)
|Born||23 January 1960|
Leigh, England, UK
|Alma mater||University of Sheffield|
English writer and broadcaster
Paul Mason is an English writer and broadcaster on economics and social justice issues. He was Culture and Digital Editor of Channel 4 News, becoming the programme's Economics Editor on 1 June 2014, a post he formerly held on BBC2's Newsnight programme.
On 31 July 2016, Paul Mason published a 5,000-word article "Labour: The Way Ahead" detailing his thoughts on Labour strategy post-24 September 2016, the date when the result of the leadership contest between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith is scheduled to be announced.
Paul Mason is the author of a number of books, the latest published in July 2015 being "PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future".
- Mason, Paul (2007). Live Working or Die Fighting: How the Working Class Went Global. London: Harvill Secker. ISBN 0-436-20615-3.
- Mason, Paul (2009). Meltdown: The End of the Age of Greed. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-396-4.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Why It's Kicking Off Everywhere: The New Global Revolutions. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-851-8.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Rare Earth. Harpenden: No Exit. ISBN 1-84243-846-8.
- Mason, Paul (2015). PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future. Allen Lane. ISBN 978184614738
Documents by Paul Mason
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Labour: The Way Ahead||article||31 July 2016||Labour Party|
|If Jeremy Corbyn wins on 24 September 2016, we should say to his opponents inside the Parliamentary Labour Party: end the passive resistance. We have something that neither Brown nor Miliband ever had, and which Blairism lost ten years ago. A story that makes sense, a strategy that can win, an unprecedented mass membership; and a leader who, in the face of intense pressure, gets stronger.|
|Document:Slumlands — filthy secret of the modern mega-city||webpage||8 August 2011||Philippines|
|Document:The new alliance between anti-vaxxers and the far right is a deadly threat||Article||1 August 2021||"Terrorism"|
World Economic Forum
|"Though they claim to be “peaceful”......by setting themselves up as the victims of genocide, the anti-vaxxers give themselves permission to threaten violence.....Those behind the “crime” are said to include governments and the World Economic Forum (WEF)" because the real fascists are the ones that oppose oppressive government mandates and forced injections.|
- "BBC Newsnight's Paul Mason joins Channel 4 News"
- "Guardian profile of Paul Mason"
- "My thoughts on Labour strategy post 24/9"
- "The sound of Blairite silence"
- "The end of capitalism has begun"