Jump to navigation Jump to search
| John Grant |
|Born||17 October 1954|
|Member of||Centre for European Reform|
John Grant is a UK diplomat.
Grant was appointed UK Ambassador to Sweden in succession to Roger Bone CMG who transferred to a new Diplomatic Service appointment. Mr Grant took up his new appointment in August 2008.
In April 2007, Grant left his position as UK permanent representative to the European Union to join the Australian mining company BHP Billiton a month later to head its European operations. BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company.
- 1997-99 FCO (Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State)
- 1994-97 BRUSSELS (UKRep) (Counsellor External Relations)
- 1993-94 On loan to Cabinet Office (European Secretariat)
- 1989-93 BRUSSELS (UKRep) (First Secretary Information)
- 1986-89 FCO (News Department)
- 1984-85 FCO (Soviet Department)
- 1982-84 MOSCOW (First Secretary Commercial)
- 1980-82 FCO (Full-time language training)
- 1977-80 STOCKHOLM (Third later Second Secretary Chancery)
- 1976-77 FCO (West Africa Department)
- 1976 Entered FCO
- European Voice, Movers and Shakers, 19 April 2007, accessed 11 January 2010.
- Hermes Database, Foreign And Commonwealth Office Fco Daily Bulletin, 06 April 1999.
- ↑ European Voice, Movers and Shakers, 19 April 2007, accessed 11 January 2010.
- ↑ Hermes Database, Foreign And Commonwealth Office Fco Daily Bulletin, 06 April 1999.