|General James Mattis|
|Born||James Norman Mattis|
Pullman, Washington, U.S.
|Alma mater||Central Washington University|
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
James Mattis (2006) 
James "Mad Dog" Mattis was sworn in as the U.S. Secretary of Defense on 20 January 2017.
Opposition to torture
Shoulder to shoulder with Britain
Congratulating him on his appointment, which came in the wake of sleaze allegations that led to the resignation of Williamson's predecessor Sir Michael Fallon, Gen Mattis said it highlights the confidence Prime Minister Theresa May has placed in him.
Lying about Syria
- “Obviously we are not getting engaged in the Syrian civil war.”
[[Display born on::8 September 1950| ]]
Event Participated in
- "Did defense secretary nominee James Mattis commit war crimes in Iraq?"
- "Leaked Draft of Executive Order Could Revive C.I.A. Prisons"
- "Defence Secretary: 'We Must Never, Ever Flinch In The Face Of Aggression'"
- "Mattis Claims US Not Involved in War on Syria"