| Aivar Rehe |
|Born||3 April 1963|
|Died||23 September 2019 (Age 56)|
|Alma mater||Tallinn University of Technology|
|Victim of||premature death|
Estonian banker connected to the Danske Banke money laundering operation
Aivar Rehe was a financier in charge of the Estonian branch of the Danske Bank while large scale money laundering was going on. He died suddenly in September 2019.
Aivar Rehe graduated in 1985 from the Faculty of Economics of Tallinn University of Technology.
Aivar Rehe worked for a sequence of Estonian banks, and was later the chairman of the Estonian branch of Danske Bank.
He was also chairman of the board of Estonian Banking Association.
Rehe led the Estonian branch of Danske Bank during the time when a large-scale money laundering 2012 was held in the bank.
In the morning of 23 September 2019 Rehe disappeared. Police searches began on the same day, involving 40 people, dogs and drones. On 25 September, the Estonian police and Border Guard Board confirmed that they had found his body. The Independent termed it "an apparent suicide". "“The body has no signs of violence, neither does anything point to an accident,” police said, declining to provide further details out of courtesy to Mr Rehe’s family. There will be no investigation into his death, they added."
- ↑ http://www.konkurentsiamet.ee/?id=15998
- ↑ http://arileht.delfi.ee/news/uudised/danske-eesti-juhid-lasti-vene-rahapesuskandaali-tottu-lahti?id=77609586
- ↑ https://www.err.ee/983446/politsei-otsib-tallinnas-kadunud-endist-pangajuhti-aivar-rehet
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-danske-bank-estonia/former-danske-bank-estonian-head-found-dead-by-police-idUSKBN1WA17R
- ↑ a b https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/aivar-rehe-death-age-cause-danske-bank-estonia-executive-dead-suicide-money-laundering-a9119746.html