WikiSpooks:Registered User Undertakings
The nature of WikiSpooks dictates that the usual openness of Wiki-format sites be slightly restricted (oh dear!). This is to ensure that article creation and editing rights are acknowledged as a privilege which can and will be removed should certain undertakings be persistently breached. For what is an essentially libertarian undertaking the restriction galls and is not taken lightly. It is considered necessary because WikiSpooks is NOT seeking to produce content that represents mainstream consensus but rather which reflects consensus among those who regard the mainstream as - always and everywhere - in dire need of effective scrutiny and challenge. The way this is (hopefully) achieved is to restrict creation and editing rights to registered users only and to make registration conditional on acceptance of undertakings. The undertakings are neither onerous nor unreasonable - at least we don't think they are - but are designed to exclude those who may be fundamentally opposed to the entire site rationale and it's existence, and therefore likely to behave accordingly.
The restriction is also intended to exclude those seeking to promote any of the mainstream political parties. 'Deep Political' theory takes it as axiomatic that existing Establishment organisations are already hopelessly suborned and co-opted to the purposes of Permanent Government and its deep political structures. This applies especially to the main political parties whose role has morphed into inspiring energy-sapping disputation between their respective adherents over trivia, whilst cultivating a solid consensus on epoch-defining issues - usually by ignoring them totally until they become unavoidable. Left or Right? - it makes little difference - we will wage war, either for 'humanitarian intervention' purposes or to 'fight terrorism' with the real reasons - the elephants in the living room - remaining hidden and/or out-of-bounds for allowable public discourse. When it comes to the mainstream parties, Left is NOT superior to Right - nor vice-versa; they are merely two sides of the same Establishment coin.
No barrier to debate
None of this is intended as a barrier to vigorous evidence-based contributions that disagree with this or that aspect of alleged 'Deep Political' phenomena nor even the merits of a 'Left/Right wing' view of what society needs or does not need (though the whole linear political spectrum analogy is probably well past its sell-by date). It is simply to make it crystal clear that WikiSpooks is NOT the place for the promotion of ANY "Establishment" organisation or "official narrative" and registered users should understand that it will will be removed if it appears.
Registered user undertakings
So, registered users must agree and undertake as follows:
- I understand and am broadly sympathetic to the rationale and purpose of the WikiSpooks site.
- I will not undertake any article creation or editing...
- at the behest of any third party - especially not an "Authoritative" third party as defined in WikiSpooks Definitions
- for monetary reward or any other consideration of personal material benefit
- I will not engage in party-political activity nor activity on behalf of ANY "Establishment" organisation, on this site.
- I will confine my opposition to, or support for any "official narrative" to evidence-based argument and debate; whilst recognising that deep political theory - and hence WikiSpooks - holds to a presumption AGAINST "Authority" as a reliable source of evidence.
- I will not engage in persistent edit reversals but will instead involve a site administrator to arbitrate any such dispute at an early stage.
- I will at all times maintain a courteous approach to dispute.
- I understand that items 5 & 6 apply especially to discussion pages where although vigorous debate is welcome, personal venom and ad hominem attacks are not.