- WikiSpooks undertakes not to use any personal private data which it may hold other than for the purposes of operating the WikiSpooks site. Any such data will not be released to third parties other than by order of a court with jurisdiction. Similarly documents and articles posted on the WikiSpooks site will only be taken down by order of a court with jurisdiction.
- Any such court order will be posted on the WikiSpooks site unless gagged in which case it will hopefully be posted elsewhere. Threats - legal or otherwise - will generally be ignored unless they are funny or otherwise of general interest, in which case they will be posted.
- The Registered user data held in the WikiSpooks database includes dates and times of all document creation, editing and uploading activity.
- Neither registered user nor anonymous upload IP address data is retained.
- Server logs are cleared regularly - currently on a weekly basis.
Notes of caution
- None of the above should be taken as guaranteeing that there is nobody else doing the logging and collecting. Covert snooping by ISPs, by network system operators, by spies public and private, by the host of predators of the vast Web, is rampant.
- Log retention is endemic, on grounds that the information is needed for system administration or whatever. Just as the Authorities and Corporations claim they need to watch citizens and employees.
- Those who promise the most protection are out to skin you alive, those who promise the most privacy are selling your most private possessions.
- WikiSpooks' trustworthiness is relative. It's a free site - so what else could it be but up to no good?
All with due acknowledgment to Cryptome.